Canine Therapeutic Recipe Formulation
These diet formulations are an excellent service for dogs with health concerns, including dietary restrictions.
There are a variety of health concerns that may arise in the lifespan of our canine companions. These issues can include health problems such as obesity/weight loss; food intolerances; organ support (liver, heart, kidney disease); gastrointestinal problems such as IBD; colitis; pancreatitis; skin/coat health; cancer; and joint issues.
Science has proven that providing optimal nutrition is key to preventing and managing many health issues. Dogs with medical conditions often respond well when fed a wholesome diet with appropriate nutrients that target the root cause.
Why Are Therapeutic Recipe Formulations So Important?
Dogs help with our overall well-being and mental health. They are our best friends, and they deserve to be treated as such. A vital element of a healthy dog remaining vigorous is addressing any health concern immediately to help ensure a problem doesn’t worsen.
Several common health concerns arise in various breeds of dogs. Some breeds are more inclined to specific ailments, and those dogs have to be monitored a little more closely to ensure they remain in good health.
At Your Canine Nutritionist, our Therapeutic Recipe Formulation service will help you get to the root of an issue your dog may face and offer some possible solutions through an individualized and science-based diet plan.
Information We Need Beforehand
Once you have decided to continue with the Health Concern Consultation, we will first ask you to fill out a patient diet history form. This will help us get to know your dog better and look at any current blood work, urinalysis, and any other health-related paperwork you think would be beneficial to form the diet plan.
Collaboration and education are essential in helping your dog find ways to continue to stay healthy and happy. We value your partnership, and working alongside us helps give your dog the best chance of success and a long future with your furry friend by your side.
After receiving all relevant information, we will schedule a 30-minute telephone consultation with you to learn a little more about your dog. This is also an excellent time for you to ask any questions that you may have about the consultation process.
What’s Included in the Consultation?
1. We will look over the patient diet history form and all of the health-related information that you have provided us.
2. We will then examine the root cause of the health concern(s)and determine a plan of action that focuses on your dog’s nutritional requirements.
3. We use fresh whole foods with the highest nutritional value, as well as vitamins and minerals. Please feel comfortable offering us a choice of your ingredients, and we will try to use them if we can.
4. After considering all of the recommendations and your dog’s current lifestyle, we will construct one recipe that will help address your dog’s current health concerns. Additional recipes are available for $50 each.
5. We don’t want the diet plan to be stressful, so we will write out the items you need to cover a week’s worth of meals. This saves you time, as you can plan and prepare meals ahead of time.
This write-up will also include relevant information, such as the exact amounts of ingredients and vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that can help your dog feel better.
6. We will then send you the completed recipe with a complete nutritional analysis, feeding recommendations, recipe preparation instructions, and proper supplements. We will also add some excellent links to supplement companies that we trust.
7. One month after the consultation, we will send follow-up emails to see how your dog responds to the new diet plan. This is a great time to let us know what is and what may not be working and answer any questions you may have.
8. We are always happy to answer your questions and provide ongoing support.
9. If you are feeling nervous about the idea of cooking meals for your dog or you lack the time, you don’t have to worry. We are more than happy to make the meals for you for an additional cost per order.
Contact Your Canine Nutritionist today to schedule a consultation for recipe formulations. Our dogs are our best friends, and they deserve all the happiness, joy and health that we offer them.
Take Your Dog’s Nutrition
To The Next Level
Contact Your Canine Nutritionist and book your Therapeutic Recipe Formulation service today. Your dog deserves to be healthy and happy, and through a healthy diet and lifestyle, you can help your furry friend have a long and joyful life.
* I am not a veterinarian and cannot diagnose, treat or offer medical advice for your dog.
Consultations are focused on nutrition and education.